Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another One Bites The Dust

Sad, but true, the one injured chicken died yesterday.  )-:  This brings the total casualty count to 5.  This one will be cremated just like the others - as soon as the winds die down.  They are supposed to be 15-25 miles per hour for the next few days, are you sure I'm not in Kansas or Oklahoma?  

Yesterday was relatively calm compared to Sunday.  I found where Meko went through the fence and put the boards back up thanks to Beth's "handy dandy super duper battery-operated drill/screwdriver thingy".  However, fence mending is really a two person job, 'pardner', but I managed to "getrdone"!  Then, later in the afternoon Peg showed up at the front door.  That dog climbs fences!!  When I went out I found that I had forgotten to turn the electric fence back in after I fixed the arena fence so she took advantage and climbed over or squeezed through a tiny gap in the gate.  Whichever way, she was out again.  At least she didn't chase chickens this time.  So I put her back and plugged in the fence but it wasn't popping as good as it should have been.  I walked all the way around looking and listening for where it could be shorting out but I couldn't find it anywhere so I gave up and just hoped that it is hot enough to keep the dogs in their pen.  I'll have another look around today.  I got the stalls cleaned, the manure dumped (I starting to really like that 4-wheeler), and the horses behaved very well when I brought them in for the night, so everything was calm and quiet.  

Then, at about 3:00 this morning, something woke me up.  It sounded like a telephone ringing so I got up to check it out.  Phone calls in the middle of the night usually are not very good.  BUT I COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING THAT HAD BEEN RINGING!!  OOOOOH!  Whatever!  I'm just thankful for a somewhat calm day.  This morning's chores went smoothly too so maybe I won't have anything to report tomorrow.  We can only hope and pray.  (-:  Have a great day and I pray God's Blessings to all. 

"Happy city girl playing in the country"  signing out  (-: 

No comments:

Post a Comment