Monday, May 25, 2009

Bruises, Scrapes, and Bug Bites

     Oh Yeah, I coulda been a country girl!!!  I was going to add "dirt and sweat in lots of places" but I thought that would be too long for a title.  I haven't had any more casualties but I'd be lying if I said that all has gone smoothly.  Nothing is easy for a "happy city girl playing in the country".  Things may get done but it seems like it takes twice as long and it's twice as hard. For instance, you would think that it would be an easy thing to put 4 horses into the back arena and tree line and keep them out of the back pasture area that is not safely fenced.  But, oh no, not for this city girl.  Meko has gotten through the fence 3 times into the back pasture!  Now, she didn't go very far because there's lots of yummy clover and grass that kept her attention, but she was still in an unsecured area which was scary.  I mended 2 places in the fence and was very proud of myself for doing that, but then she got through the 3rd time so I gave up and put them in the front pasture. That's what I get for being prideful.  I've mended electric fence a couple of times, but still can't find where it's weak.  I've gotten pretty good driving the 4-wheeler  though - better watch out, Sydney, I may give you a run for your money.  And I even sort of remembered (and figured out) how to run the really cool riding mower, but I refuse to hang from the seat like Beth in order to mow the ditches - I'll do it the hard way, with the push mower.  That is, I'll do it the hard way when I get the push mower fixed.  You see, this happy city girl broke the push mower.  But it wasn't all my fault!  I was mowing the extra dog pen where the grass was hip high (my hands are still sore from it) and I hit a stump hidden in the deep grass.  It sounded pretty bad but did start again and I was able to finish, I was so proud. There it is again, I should have known something was going to happen.  Sure enough, I started mowing the deep grass in the garden, getting ready to till and plant, and it made a horrible sound and quit again.  And this time when I tried to restart it, it REEEALLY made bad noises!!! I'm told I broke or bent a shaft of some sort.  So, we're off to the lawn mower repairman.  It's supposed to rain for a couple of days so now we'll get to see what I can break indoors. (-:
     "Happy city girl playing in the country", signing out. (-:   

1 comment:

  1. Meko sure is being a pain in the bum for you! She must be mad that Miranda's gone.

    ReplyDelete