Saturday, May 9, 2009

Milestones

I hit a milestone on Saturday (5/9) - my oldest nandaughter has just graduated from high school. I remember the first time I met her, she was a tiny, 4 month old bundle of adorable. 
The adorable part still applies.  She has always been precious and loving.  It always amazed me how much she seemed to love me even when I only saw her once or twice a year for most of her life. Beth made sure the girls knew me and knew how much I loved them - this means so much to me and speaks volumes about the precious daughter that she is.  Alexandra, my sweet Alexandra, I am amazed, awed, and humbled by the beautiful young woman she has grown to be!  She is so in love with Jesus and has such a discerning spirit for someone so young.  I love her more than our language has words to express and I hope that someday - maybe when she has children of her own - that she will understand how much I love her.  I am so proud of her! She is intelligent and has so much talent - she can sing, dance, play the guitar, and act.  WOW! So much talent in one tiny package.  Needless to say, I struggle with pride but I'm sure that the LORD understands and forgives me.  After all, it's His fault that she is so special - He made her. But with all of this going on for her, she still cares for and loves others.  Her heart is as beautiful as her features.  She is precious and beautiful inside as well as outside and for this I truly praise God!  However, it occurred to me this morning that I don't love her because of how beautiful and talented she is - I love her because she is my own precious nandaughter, my flesh and blood.  I would love her no matter what!!!  And so, another year has passed and now I have a nandaughter in college.  How did this happen?  How have I been so blessed?  I don't deserve the blessings but I am certainly thankful for them - especially my precious family.  Alexandra, you are one of the most important things to me this side of heaven.  I love you, my Angel.  "I love you" seems so inadequate for the feelings overflowing in my heart, but they are the only words I have so they will have to do.  Thank You, Father, for another milestone in my life!!!  As much as I hate birthdays, I do want to be around to witness many more milestones for my children and nanchildren.  I love You Father - Daddy - and I thank You for my precious Alexandra and this latest milestone in our lives.  I pray that You continue to bless her in whatever You lead her to do and that she continues to fall more and more in love with You. Whatever else she does, if she does that, she'll never go wrong.  PRAISE JESUS!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree with everything you wrote:) You are also right about the part that we can't comprehend the feelings our parents/grandparents have for us until we have children/grandchildren of our own. Family...what a perfect picture of God!

    ReplyDelete